Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies are a skinny version of a quick and easy cake mix cookie! I promise you won’t miss a single calorie replacing half the butter with fat free cream cheese 🙂
Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies
Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies… are a super simple recipe to throw together! It’s starts from a cake mix and is ready in almost no time at all. I’m in love with peppermint/chocolate combination at this time of year AND these cookies are that perfect combination 🙂
Candy Cane Crinkle CookiesPrint Recipe
- 1 15.25 oz devils food cake mix
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp peppermint flavoring
- 24 mini candy canes crushed
- Place 24 mini candy canes in pint sized freezer bag, crush with the back of a spoon.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl combine butter and cream cheese, microwave for 15 seconds, stir. Repeat until butter is melted and cream cheese is soft.
- Add cake mix, stir well.
- Add eggs and peppermint, stir until forms a soft dough.
- In a small mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and cornstarch, mix.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls (a small cookie scoop works well) into powdered sugar; 1 at a time, roll dough to coat, remove and place onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Press thumb into the center of each cookie, making a large indent. Fill with crushed candy canes.
- Bake 9-10 minutes, until cracked. Let rest 1 minute on pan, sprinkle center with additional crushed candy cane if desired, remove cookies to cooling rack.
- Store in an air tight container.
I’m trying to get into the swing of Christmas around here… I hope you gotten all your shopping done AND now you can just relax and enjoy the Holiday Season! Me? Haven’t even gotten one gift… yes, I’ve gotta get busy. I’m so glad I was able to share this festive cookie recipe with all of you! Come visit me at What’s Cooking with Ruthie.comI’d love to have you stop by 🙂 Love, Ruthie
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.