8. Using Excessive Cleaning ProductsOld Habit: Our parents often used multiple cleaning products for different surfaces, leading to cluttered cabinets and unnecessary expenses. Modern Approach: Opt for multipurpose cleaners and microfiber cloths to clean various surfaces effectively. It’s eco-friendly and simplifies cleaning routines.
7. Ignoring DeclutteringOld Habit: Many of us were taught to hold onto items for sentimental reasons, even if they no longer served a purpose. Modern Approach: Embrace decluttering to create a more organized and spacious living environment. Donate, recycle, or discard items you no longer need.
6. Overloading the DishwasherOld Habit: Filling the dishwasher to the brim was common, but it often resulted in dishes not getting properly cleaned. Modern Approach: Load the dishwasher mindfully, leaving enough space between items for water and detergent to circulate effectively.
5. Washing Clothes After Every WearOld Habit: Daily washing of clothes was once considered the norm, but it’s not environmentally friendly and can wear out your garments faster. Modern Approach: Wear clothes multiple times before washing unless they’re visibly soiled. This conserves water and extends the lifespan of your clothes.
4. Neglecting Regular Air Vent CleaningOld Habit: Many households used to overlook cleaning air vents, which can lead to poor indoor air quality. Modern Approach: Clean air vents regularly to improve air circulation and reduce allergens in your home. A vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment works well.
3. Using Harsh ChemicalsOld Habit: Strong chemical cleaners were once prevalent, but they can be harmful to both your health and the environment. Modern Approach: Choose eco-friendly and non-toxic cleaning products to protect your health and reduce chemical pollution.
2. Leaving Shoes On IndoorsOld Habit: Wearing shoes indoors was common, tracking in dirt, allergens, and germs. Modern Approach: Establish a no-shoes policy indoors to keep your home cleaner and healthier. Provide a shoe rack near the entrance for convenience.
1. Cleaning Only When Guests Are ExpectedOld Habit: Many used to clean intensively only when guests were coming over, leading to unnecessary stress. Modern Approach: Adopt a consistent cleaning routine to maintain a tidy home year-round. It reduces stress and keeps your home guest-ready at all times. Breaking free from these outdated housekeeping habits can simplify your cleaning routine, make your home more efficient, and promote a healthier living environment. Embrace modern practices that prioritize eco-friendliness, efficiency, and overall well-being. A cleaner, clutter-free home awaits you!
Home Trends Going Out of StyleJump on board the time machine, and let’s check out some old home design trends that are so yesterday. We’re talking about things that used to be cool but now make us go, “Huh?” Here are 15 outdated home trends that need a major makeover!
What is a Terrible Home Design Trend?Sometimes we dream of building a new home, and what great ideas we have for it. But we don’t want to make big mistakes, what are the horrible new home trends that we want to avoid?
10 Home Renovations that can Decrease its ValueWith increasing interest rates and mortgage prices, getting the most value for your home is imperative. Homeowners and real estate agents speak about the renovations that could decrease the value of your home and why. Here are the renovations to look out for.
Declutter Fast: 7 Items Experts Say Must Go!Every home needs to be organized and arranged to exhibit its beauty. If your space is untidy, here is how to declutter fast get rid of these seven items decluttering experts would take out now!
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.