Put a twist on regular chocolate no bake cookies with these protein-packed no bake trail mix cookies!
Homemade Trail Mix Cookies
My friend Ruth introduced me to Trader Joes Trail Mix cookies while I was at Snap.
They were super good, I wanted to figure out a similar recipe. So, I bought all the ingredients, but I hadn’t had time to make it, when inspiration struck, why not make no bake trail mix cookies….
So I just basically used my go to no bake cookie recipe, but switched up a few of the ingredients. We love how they turned out!
No-Bake Trail Mix Cookies Recipe
No Bake Trail Mix Cookies RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup trail mix**
- 1 cube butter 1/2 cup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetend cocoa
- 1/4 milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy or chunky, doesn't matter
- In a large mixing bowl combine Cheerios, oats, and trail mix and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, cocoa and milk. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil, allow to boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add peanut butter and vanilla stir till combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop with a medium to large cookie scoop onto a cookie sheet. Allow them to cool, I placed mine in the fridge for 30 minutes and they were set! These would be fun for a day camp trip or picnic lunch!
What are some of your favorite go to treat recipes?
More no-bake dessert recipes:
- My Go-To Chocolate and Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- No Bake Thin Mint Cookies
- plus 27 More No Bake Dessert Recipes
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.