Add extra seating and style with a beautiful upholstered accent chairs. Add them all over the home for added texture, color, or pattern.
Upholstered accent chairs can really change up the look of a room. They add texture, color, design and an extra place to sit. They work in so many spaces throughout the home. Let’s look at some gorgeous upholstered accent chairs and then we will give tips on how to style them.
This post contains affiliate links for upholstered accent chairs to buy for your convenience. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here. If you can’t see these images it may be your ad blocker (you might need to disable it), or you can check out the list below.
- Belz Tufted Chair – Wayfair
- Channel Armchair – Wayfair
- Boyden in multicolors – Wayfair
- Ulisis Tufted – Wayfair
- Chesterfield Chair – Wayfair
- Bouck Wingback Chair – Wayfair
- Brister Swivel Chair – Wayfair
- Erastus Chair – Wayfair
- Helder Armchair – Wayfair
- Lauretta Wingback – Wayfair
- Modern Accent – Walmart
- Kinley Mainstays – Walmart
- Fox Hill Emma – Walmart
- Contemporary Chair – Walmart
- Higgins Sling – Target
- Bowden Minimalist – Target
- Cicely Tufted – Target
- Natural Wood Slipper Chair – Target
- Beadle Chair – Target
- Swivel Barrel Chair – Joss & Main
- Elegant Mid-Century – Overstock
- Buffalo Check Accent – Overstock
- Annie Chair – Overstock
- Charlotte Dark Brown – The Home Depot
- Modern Red Velvet – The Home Depot
- Wood and Upholstered Lounge Chair – The Home Depot
Click the arrows on either side of the image below to see more upholstered accent chairs to buy.
Maybe you have old accent chairs or found one while thrifting. Give them a new look with these tips for reupholstering or reworking.
- Re-upholstered Chair by Between Blue and Yellow for Remodelaholic
- Re-upholstered Tub Chair by That’s My Letter for Remodelaholic
- Cane Chair Re-Upholster by Peacefully Home for Remodelaholic
- Wingback Chair Re-Upholster by Living Savvy for Remodelaholic
- Slip Cover Wingback featured on Remodelaholic
- Painted Upholster Chair by Hyphen Interiors for Remodelaholic
How to Style
Let’s keep the creative juices flowing. Here are a bunch of ideas for where to put an accent chair and how to style them from home shows we’ve attended.
Living rooms are one of the easiest places to add upholstered accent chairs. In this example, use accent chairs to add more seating. Pick a matching pair and place a cute end table in between.
Another way to add them in the living room is by picking a contrasting color from your sofas like here. Top them off with another end table in between or by a chair. And always add a pretty pillow for an extra luxurious layered look.
In this living room example. Place the accent chairs side by side and put the end table on one end for an asymmetrical look.
Or add a touch of color by going for a bold accent color like RED! And tie it all together with throw pillows.
Go for different angles like in this living room example. Keep it minimalist by not including throw pillows.
Go for a big contrast by picking an opposite shade of upholstery from walls like this black and cream combo. Add in an area rug for a dose of pattern.
Create a cozy place for conversation by placing accent chairs and other seating close together with a small coffee table in the center.
Accent chairs are great in bedrooms too! Add them in a corner for a place to sit, or relax. They also go great in bedroom sitting areas in pairs.
Home offices also are another area to add accent chairs. Take a break from desk work and relax in your office in a comfy upholstered accent chair, or use accent chairs for guests.
So many ways to utilize accent chairs for extra seating and design. Where do you want to add an accent chair in your home right now???
Sofa End Tables
Colorful Neutral Area Rugs
Please pin this post for later and follow along with us on Pinterest: