These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best! They are packed with chocolate, super chewy and crispy – just like a good homemade cookie should be – and best of all it’s a really easy recipe that only uses simple ingredients.
Chocolate chip cookies are one of those things everyone loves. A good cookie recipe is meant to be shared, passed along and become a family tradition.
So when I started my quest to find a vegan alternative, I was scared. Would my vegan cookies be good? Was it going to be difficult to make vegan chocolate chip cookies that tasted just like the traditional version or better?
It took a lot of trial and error but I’m happy to announce that I found the perfect vegan chocolate chip cookie.
This is the vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe to win all recipes. I mean, this is so good it’s going to become your go-to cookie, it’s also going to become your family’s favorite cookie.
Trust me when I say you’ll want every possible excuse to bake a fresh batch every day.
Why is this the best best vegan cookie recipe in the whole world?
- It’s really easy to make. Even if you are not an expert baker you are going to be able to rock this recipe and wow everyone around you.
- Only uses easy to find ingredients. There’s no chickpea, no chia, no flax anything added so that makes it a great cookie recipe to make everyday.
- The cookies? Chewy in the middle, crunchy in the outer corners. Pure perfection.
- They taste like the traditional deal. You can serve this chocolate chip cookies to non-vegans and they are not going to realize there’s no butter in them
- Again, they are SO DELICIOUS it’s almost crazy
But enough about how good they are, let’s jump straight to the good information
How can you make a chocolate chip cookie vegan?
- We don’t use butter, eggs and milk. Instead we use oil, your choice of milk (oat, soy, almond and rice milk work great!) and extra sugar to help bind all the ingredients together.
- Refrigerate the dough before baking. Chilling the cookie dough prevents our vegan cookies from spreading when baking. Or you know, just skip all those steps and just eat the cookie dough with a spoon, I won’t tell anyone.
- And finally, we use a lot of vegan chocolate chips.
Are chocolate chips vegan?
This is one of the most common questions we get when we start baking vegan treats and it’s definitely one question we have when we read about a vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe.
The answer is that not all chocolate chips are vegan. While chocolate itself is vegan sometimes brands add some milk into the chips for flavor.
However your local supermarket probably already stocks a couple of vegan options. Make sure you check the ingredient list before purchasing.
See more of our favorite vegan recipes here.
Make sure you pin this vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe for later!
Vegan Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint Recipe
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp milk your choice
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix well until everything is well combined. Don't worry if it looks dry at first, just keep mixing. Refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Form small balls of dough and place in the prepared baking pan leaving enough room for the cookies to spread.
- Take to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.Remove from oven and let cool completely before touching them.